Thursday, October 17, 2013

I'm Social Like Its 2009

This weekend, I had a bit of a Theta Reunion with three of my besties from college.  Well...technically two, since Courtney and I have dinner every Friday night and drink coffee every Saturday morning, while she's living here in the Red Stick with her medical school husband.
 
I've been planning this weekend for close to a month.  I'm a creature of habit, and Saturdays usually consist of thrifting, lounging, DIY-ing something, hydrating, and going to bed eary so that I can go running early on Sunday morning.  Knowing that I couldn't stick to my normal routine made me a little nervous, but knowing that I was going to have some of my best friends together in one place made up for it.  No, I didn't enjoy cleaning my house for my two overnight guests, but whatev.
 
Look, I even bought very expensive Whole Foods flowers for the occasion. Cause fresh flowers make a room.   
 
 
 
 

Friday afternoon, Tracey met me at my house, and then she, Courtney and I went to get greasy dinner at Walk-On's.  Courtney and I have dinner every Friday to celebrate Fountain Drink Friday, and usually invite her husband.  He never ever ever wants to come, but this time we had to break his little heart(kidding -- I don't think he wants to hang out with a bunch of girls who speak in their own language) and tell him he was not welcome at our Theta Reunion. 
 
Drinks Consumed: 1 Tin Roof Blonde Draft
1 Water
 
Circa 2009, Courtney and I purchased $5.00 tailgating chairs from Winn Dixie, and we went on a search for those after dinner.  Tracey's breathy GPS kept us entertained, but we found no chairs in the grocery store that felt like Arctic Winter.
 
The next morning, I drug Tracey to an estate sale(cause I CANNOT miss a Parker Estate Sale), we picked up Starbucks, and Kristen came to my house.  We put on our LSU gameday wear, Courtney & her husband picked us up, and we drove to campus.  We walked 1.1 miles to the tailgate, and spent two hours chatting it up, having some drinks, and generally enjoying our lovely Saturday. 
 
Our mimosa's look like some kind of amatetto and pineapple nonsense in this photo, but they were yum.
 

 
Drinks Consumed: 1 Grande Starbucks Iced Coffee
1.5 Mimosas, heavy on the sparkle
1 Tin Roof Watermelon Wheat Beer
1 8 oz Bud Light
 
When the game began, we walked ourselves 1.1 miles back to the car, I spilled my drink because some things never change, and we continued our party at BJ's Brewhouse to partake in $6.00 mini pizzas & $4.00 draft beer with a big television.  LSU won; we were tired.
 
Drinks Consumed: 1 Harvest Hefeweizen
4-5 Glasses of Water
1 Cup of Coffee
 
We dropped the husband off at home, then the four of us girls went back to my condo to blab about the last few years and relive college through my cool scrapbooks.  Thank goodness I scrapbooked some of my life, or I wouldn't rememeber any of it.
 
How did we go from this:
 
 
to this:
 
 
to this? 
 


{...and why didn't anyone tell me how rough I looked for my one social occasion of the month?}

 
 





No comments:

Pin It button on image hover