Thursday, May 30, 2013

A Brandi Sized Shop Update and an Estate Sale

As you all know, I'm not the best blogger.  I'm not super consistent, and I don't have that much to talk about being sans child/husband/boyfriend/friend with benefits, but I do consistently go thrifting, and from what I can tell, there are many other thrifting bloggers out there.  I love love love estate sales and Goodwill for the fact that I can find one-of-a-kind items for my home, and because each time I go, inventory is different.  Sometimes I buy things for me, sometimes I buy things for A Brandi Sized Shop, and sometimes I buy things without knowing whether they will go in my "keep" pile or my "sell" pile.  No matter which pile, everything I buy is something that I find intriguing and worthy of being saved. 
 
For instance, my bar.  My Brandi Sized Bar, if you will.
 
I found my TV-Stand turned Bar Cart at Goodwill, and bought it with intentions of keeping it, but the brass crab, star-shaped martini stirrers, and Petit Choses wreath were all purchased with intent to sell.
 
This weekend, I attended a sale at the home of a man who had been in the Armed Forces during World War II, and was stationed in the Pacific.  I only went to the last day of the sale, and there were still plenty of things at the home, but most of the "fine" items were gone.  The particular company conducting the sale always chooses clients whose lives interest me, and of course, I ended up bringing home a few treasures.  A pair of vintage license plates(from Scotland!), an old chippy floral tray, a pretty pink fitted sheet, some ceramic zodiac medallions, a nautical candlestick holder, and two very large hand-painted paper fish made their way to my condo.
 
 
 
Of all the items I purchased, how many will for-sure end up in my shop?  Lets see.  One tray, one candlestick holder and two big fish, thus making the number four.  Some of my zodiac medallions will too, but I'm not sure which ones.
 
{ Fish One & Fish Two }
 
 
{ Brass Anchor Candle Holder }

{ Chippy Floral Tray }

And just a shout out to some of the items which have been in my shop longer:
{ 1959 Calendar Tea Towel }
{ Elephant Book End }{ Bible }
 
{ Brass Pineapple Candlestick Holders }
{ Big Metal A }
{ Gray and Mauve Floral Hook }

 
And until the chippy tray sells, it will be gracing my shelf, right behind my white ceramic owl, milk glass vase, and Jonathan Adler snail. 
 
 
 
 
      

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover