Monday, March 4, 2013

A Wreath for All Seasons

 
Baton Rouge had four estate sales this weekend.  Four!
Two were very close to my house, one was in an area where I usually have good luck estate sailing or garage sailing, and the other was in an area I don't normally frequent as houses are newer and I don't want new things. 
 
Of course, that was the best sale.
 
This was a couple's home.  The husband had been an engineer for the Louisiana Highway Department in the past, and there were countless old maps and postcards from the 1950s and 1960s.  He passed away a few years ago and his wife just recently.  She had been a librarian. 
 
Their home was mostly filled with old things like tons of bed linens, books galore, some crewel work{which I can never say no to}, pyrex, sheet music, artwork, some vintage clothing, office supplies...you know, regular-people things.   I actually re-visited this sale on Sunday to make sure I hadn't missed anything.  Turns out I had, but more on that later. 
 
I picked up this interesting wreath made out of brass animals on Saturday. 
 
 
 
Apparently this wreath is a rare Petite Choses All Holiday Wreath.  The only information I have found is from this source.  It is truly a remarkable piece.  I wuold never guess that it was from the 1980's because the antique candy molds used give it a much older feel.
 
One day, it may be listed in A Brandi Sized Shop, but for now, its gracing the wall above my bar cart and keeping my brass crab company. 
 
    
 


6 comments:

Gina said...

I love the wreath! It's really unique.

Laurie said...

You know what? I am not a fan of brass but I have to make an exception for your wreath -- it is so special! Great find!

Brandi said...

@gina - I thought so too!
@ Laurie - I'm a huge fan of brass things, so of course it struck my fancy, but its unique-ness certainly gives it points for a non-brass lover!

feathermar said...

Really wonderful and unusual! I had never seen the short stories on Etsy before, either! Amazing!

Marium said...

I've never seen anything like that wreath! Cool find!

Brandi said...

Thank You! This is a truly unique piece!

Pin It button on image hover