Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A Brandi Sized Holiday - Day 6 - Snowflakes on a String{and some song lyrics}

A way long time ago, I used to say that I don't like music.
{seriously, who says that?}
And then I started listening.
And then I started liking it.
And then I started printing out song lyrics, calling it art, and plastering them all over my house.



I couldn't let this year go by without adding the lyrics to my favorite holiday song, even if it has nothing to do with Santa Claus or Jesus or Rudolph, and everything to do with James Dean bedding a coy young lady on a frosty evening.


Since I'm not crafty-crafty enough to own a Cricut or Sizzix or whatever those die-cut machines are called, I simpy printed out the letters onto cheapo cardstock in a font and size I liked, and then cut them out to use as a stencil.  Also, be sure to trace the letters BACKWARDS onto the back of the paper you plan to use. 



I also googled "snowflake template" and did the same thing.  To make it easy on myself, after I traced onto my glitter paper, I folded it in half and cut my snowflake out that way, so that it would be even.


I purchased some glittery papers from Hobby Lobby, and using the letters as a guide, traced them onto the back of the glitter paper, and then cut them out.


After the cutting was done, I used a two-hole-punch and ribbon to make a banner spelling out, "BABY ITS COLD OUTSIDE" flanked in snowflakes.


The options for this idea are endless.
You could use any phrase you like, any shape you like, and any patterned paper you like.  
"SANTA PLEASE SEND CASH" would be a second choice for me, and if you have your own mister, maybe something a little more alluring, like "SANTA IVE BEEN NAUGHTY & I JUST READ 50 SHADES OF GREY".  

Are you making any banners to show the holiday spirit?

ps - Linking up with {Live Laugh Rowe}



2 comments:

ournextgreatadventure said...

This looks great! I love the glitter paper & I don't one of those fancy smancy die-cut machines either, so I really appreciate a tutorial that doesn't involve one of those!
Sarah

Brandi said...

Thanks Sarah!

Pin It button on image hover