Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Welcome Home, Karl with a K

Just a few days ago, the only seating in my home was packed away in a box.  This past Saturday, I found the time to finally tackle the process of assembling a sofa all by myself.


Ikea instructions were not difficult to understand{even with no words}, and though my house looked like an episode of Hoarders: Cardboard Edition for an hour or so, the outcome was divine!  I only needed a hand to flip the entire thing over, but thank goodness one of my neighbors had a husband I could borrow for three minutes.

So now I have my very own Karlstad.



The smaller scale sofa is a much better fit for my long skinny condo, and the exposed legs make it feel even airier.  Beauregard is helping you see the scale.  Those two pillows are ones that came with my old sofa that I recovered.  They are a little big, but not out of place. Note to self, pull the slipcover tighter on the left hand side. 


Way back in August when Hurricane Isaac hit and my floor was damaged, I said, "I hope I get m house put back together in time to decorate for Christmas".  I really didn't think it would take me two and a half months to have it mostly finished.  I say "mostly" because as any home blogger knows, home is a work in progress.

Time to prime my staircase wall{that I can see}... 

4 comments:

Debbie @ OtRD said...

It looks great! And I'm loving your new floors!!

Brandi said...

Thank You Debbie! I love them too!!

Courtney said...

Courtney with a C can't wait to see Karl with a K!

Brandi said...

Thanks Courtney with a C! Petunia is quite cute too!

Pin It button on image hover