Thursday, November 29, 2012

A Brandi Sized Holiday - Day 4 - Share Your Spirit

Unlike Buddy the Elf,
 I believe there are better ways of spreading Christmas cheer than singing loud for all to hear, especially since I don't have an auto-tuner like Lil' Wayne.

{ Parrott Design Studio via Etsy }

Personally, I like to send cards.  Its a lot quieter, and I think people might actually appreciate it.
For the past few years, I've joined the Angel Card Project.  Never heard of it?  Click on the link! 

Basically, one person organizes names and addresses that friends and family members submit of people who could use some cheering up this holiday season.  After December 5, a master list is e-mailed to all the volunteers with a little blurb about each person, and then the volunteers mail out a card to the people they choose.

{ Lucky Penny Paper Co via Etsy }
I love mail and stamps, so I usually pick about 15 folks to share my holiday spirit with.  I actually saved my 2010 list{with names circled} and once I recieved the 2011 list and made my choices, I was suprised to find that sometimes my choices overlapped.

 What can I say, I'm a sucker for someone in a nursing home. 

And don't be worried that you won't know what to write to a stranger... I usually say something like, "A little birdie told me that you could use some Christmas cheer...". 

{ Bellyzover via Etsy }
You must sign up by December 5, so if you're thinking about it, go ahead and do it today!  You don't have to send 100 or even 3.  You can send one and know that you have brightened one other person's day.  Their numbers are down this year, so each card truly makes a difference. 


2 comments:

syllatham said...

Love this!! But I'm a sucker for Mail and stamps myself. Love the cards that you included in your post!

Brandi said...

I love mail too!! I'm pretty anxiously awaiting the list so that I can write to people...and practice my "fake calligraphy" addressing skills.

Pin It button on image hover