Monday, April 16, 2012

Patio Preview

Patio Preview

A few weeks ago, I told you all about the dark corner of my life which is also known as my back patio, and assured you all that I would be getting it together.

You'll be happy to know that I've raked up my leaf collection & started sprucing up, starting by adding a few pretty shade loving plants.


I had to be careful while working, because this little lady was living in my lemon tree.

Thanks to google, I deducted that this is just a little garden spider, who's benefits(eating harmful bugs & looking kinda snazzy) outweight its downfalls(making me walk around her web carefully), so I let her stay.


However, I think she's been eaten by a bird or something, since her web is kinda gone and I don't see her anymore.
I'll miss you, Charlotte.
I never called her that, but man, she was SOME PIG.

Moving on from the E.B. White references...
To go along with the coleus, begonia and hypoestes, I also bought this "Oyster Plant" which has lovely variegated purple and green leaves.
Even my poor hydrangea which I neglect every winter is coming back.
Lots more to do, but Rome wasn't built in a day.

2 comments:

Debbie @ OtRD said...

Great start! And lovely photos!

Brandi said...

Thank you Debbie!

Pin It button on image hover