Monday, March 12, 2012

Granny Chic

Granny Chic


This past weekend, a subdivision near my condo was having a neighborhood-wide garage sale that began at 7 am.
Can I tell you that I was one of those crazy folks out there at 7:10 am?
Not 7 am...I was probably setting my house alarm and eating a protein bar, and saying, "Bye BEARS!  I love you!  Don't let anyone in the house!" at that time.
{Am I the only one that says goodbye to their pets?}

Anywho, I parked my car near the one estate sale in the neighborhood and began there.
The house was kind of a mess, nothing had prices, and there were more people there than usual, probably because of the mega-garage sale.

I picked up a plant stand/outdoor table for $2.00, a small stars & bars milk glass vase for Courtney's wedding for $.50, and a fantastic granny chic afghan for $5.00.


Oh my word, isn't it fantastic!


I've been on the lookout for one with a white background rather than a dark background for a while.


I was absolutly thrilled to put it on my sofa.
And I think the blanket was absolutly thrilled to have a home near some trendy chevron pillow covers that a certain yours-truley made herself.

Though my sewing skills are not extensive, each little bit of practice is giving me a little more confidence.


It helps when nice patterns are involved.

I just can't get enough of my new blanket!

I'm also sharing over at Harpers Happenings for her High On Thrifting Thursday, aka HOTT.  I know, its not Thursday, but I'll post a link when it is.   


No comments:

Pin It button on image hover