Sunday, January 29, 2012

Goodwill Badwill

Goodwill Badwill

I should be getting dressed to go run my 5-6 miles, but instead I'm laying in bed drinking coffee and eating oatmeal...and I just HAD to come blog about my two most recent Goodwill experiences.
Hold on,  I think Beauregard is eating trash downstairs.
BRB.
Yes. 
Beauregard was eating trash downstairs.
My oatmeal packets to be exact.
Anyways, back to Goodwill.
Last Saturday I was dropping some things off at the donation area in the back of my not so local Goodwill, and without sharing all the details, the middle of my car was hit by another car.
My drivers side back door.
Guess my car is invisible and they didn't see me.
Eye roll.
Whale,
this past Friday, I was going to my local Goodwill to do a little perusing and a large SUV was parked over the line.
Having the little Mitzy-mobile that I do, I figured I could still fit in the spot, so I pulled in...but just a little too close...and my passenger side front bumper hit their driver's side back tire.
My car is significantly lower than theirs, so I didn't even hit metal, just tire.
I have a scuff, and they had nothing.
Anyways, there was a college-age girl in the car who gets out because she felt a big shake.
We look at her car and see nothing, so she says,
"Well...this is my mom's car...and I got into an accident last weekend...so I'm just not going to tell her".
Great!
I proceed to mention that I was in an accident too last week and we go to exchange accident stories.
Girl sees mom leaving the store.
Girl immediatly tells me,
"Oh!  It was great running into you here!"
I say, "Yeah!  I know!  It was so good to see you!"
She says, "See you later!"
I say, "Bye!" and walk in to the store.
And that was it.
Two girls working together for a common cause.
Beautifully executed, might I add.
I half-way expected her mom to come find me in the store and yell at me, but that never happened and I picked up cute top and a theta-tastic piece of kitchenware for my etsy shop.
Theta-tastic = pansies.
PS - Late Happy Founder's Day to all my sisters around the world(Kappa Alpha Theta is an international fraternity)!
All that being said, I guess I should get dressed to go run now.

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover