Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Girl Scout Cookies

Girl Scout Cookies

FLICKR via wackystuff
Hello ladies.
Were any of you Girl Scouts?
My mom made me be a Brownie when I was younger, and I did not like it.
Not one bit.
Sure, I think its a great organization & my favorite 10 year old is selling cookies now(and I definitely intend to buy a box or two of Tagalongs), but I was a shy little girl and the whole thing made me uncomfortable.
I didn't like the meetings.
One time we had to go "camping" and the other girls went inside while I was supposed to be manning the fire and I remember how the smoke hurt my eyes and I felt left out. 
Not to mention the fact that I was scared of people, so the one time I got up enough courage to ask someone if they wanted to buy cookies at the mall(our troop had a get-up there & our parents were all around), the person I asked was FRENCH.
FRENCH.
Parlez vous francais?
Non.  I was six.  I think I gave up  on the whole operation right about then.
Needless to say, I never made it past Brownie status.
Did anyone else have a bad brownie experience?
Does anyone else look foreward to Girl Scout Cookie time?
Has anyone tried this Baking Bites recipe for Homeade Tagalongs?
Whats your favorite Girl Scout Cookie?


No comments:

Pin It button on image hover