Friday, December 2, 2011

Snowflake Pajamas

Snowflake Pajamas

For the last two years, my favorite nine year old has helped me decorate the Christmas Tree, but this year, it was up to me.
I've been putting it off since Thanksgiving, and if I didn't start it Thursday night, it would not be done.
Normally, I run after work on Thursdays, but I have a 5k tonight(woo!  Reindeer run!  long sleeved t-shirt!) so I skipped yesterday, came home, and put on my snowflake pajamas to put myself in the mood to decorate.
I thought some decaf coffee would help too, along with some leftover cookies from my favorite bakery in New Orleans, Angelo Brocato's, and procrastinated while photographing them for your enjoyment.
Be thankful.
After my pre-decorating photoshoot I noticed that my cookies matched my pants, and that my coffe was lukewarm and kinda nasty.
Coffee fail.
Then down came the boxes of decorations and the box holding my dearest tree, Bruce.
Bruce has been with me since ye about 2004.
He's been a good tree.
I seperated each color limb into a pile, with Sasha as my helper.
Then I proceeded to put the first row in, skip the second row, then put the third row in using the second row limbs, thus creating a really ridiculous looking tree.
I knew that Bruce cost all of $25.00 from Rite Aid about eight years ago, but I didn't think he looked that ridiculous last year!
I finished assembling Bruce, correctly, then was called to go eat spaghetti & caesar salad at Julie's house, so the ornaments had to wait.
I'll give you a hint about my color scheme though.
I've gotta finish decorating this tree...like...tonight.
Wish me luck.

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover