Saturday, October 1, 2011

Travel Sized

Travel Sized

Last week, my favorite nine year old had a note sent home informing her parents that her class would teaming up with a local organization and they would be collecting supplies to send care packages to our soldiers overseas.
She didn't tell her parents until Monday.
Her father(who used to work with me) told me about it on Tuesday (ye about 4pm) and asked if I could send it out to the rest of the office.   
Did I mention that it was due Thursday at 8am?
So I needed everything by Wednesday so that I could pass it on to my favorite nine year old's parents that night. 
I didn't expect much, being so late and with such short notice...I figured I would buy a few things, and that would be the end of it...but I was pleasantly surprised when my boss came up to me and said, "We can do this!".  Soon, others offered to give money if I would go buy the products.  Now, you know I wouldn't turn down shopping with other people's money(especially when coupons can be used)!
And still others brought in travel sized products to add to the total. 
The point of this post is that I want to say how proud I am of my little office for making such a great effort to help out a good cause with such short notice.
My office made sure that almost everything on the 50 item list was accounted for, and that doesn't include duplicates on some items.
So anyways, coworkers, thanks so much for helping out!  Myself, my favorite nine year old, and our soldiers all appreciate it. 

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover