Monday, October 24, 2011

Halloween Treats

Halloween Treats

Around these parts, Halloween is something to be celebrated.  My neighbor, Julie, prefers scary decor, while I'm into more autumnal things with pumpkins and acorns and lattes.
Who am I kidding, I'm always up for a latte.
Its no big secret that I'm on my condominium's Home Owners Association Board and I wanted to do something for the residents of our community. 
Now, that being said, the board is not rich and we definitely couldn't spend the HOA money to buy candy and treats, so I took it upon myself to purchase some goodies(with coupons, of course!) and put together little treat bags.

One of the most fun parts of making treat bags, is finding amazing printables.





Using snack sized zip top bags, I filled each with four treats, and added a halloween tag which I had printed on cardstock.

Please notice all the candy in neat little rows in the background.  OCD much?  Need a better example?
Perfect little rows or miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
Pure magic, I tell you.
After arranging the candy just-so, I expected to hole-punch the bags so that I could tie a ribbon and hang it on people's doorknobs because
I'm not into knocking and saying, "Hi, I'm on the HOA, here's some candy and an awkward 3 minute conversation for you".
This is when the photos stop.
Plastic doesn't hole punch well, so I added stapled orange paper to one end and then hole-punched that.
Fabulouso.
I'll post a picture of the finished product in a few days once I hang the treat bags.
Until then, here is a photo of diabetes in a bag.
Happy Few-Days-Before-Halloween!



No comments:

Pin It button on image hover