Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Smile! You Made A Necklace!

Smile!  You Made A Necklace!


Hello Dears,

Labor Day weekend was supposed to be relaxing and crafty, but it ended up being sniffly, headachey, and second-job-worky for most of it.
Not my idea of fun.
I did manage to do a few things on Monday though(you know, besides watch a DVD of Jon & Kate Plus 8 that I rented from the library...why is anyone surprised they got divorced?). 
I was finally feeling better, thanks to some antibiotics, and ventured out to Michael's.
I'm a Hobby Lobby girl.
But Michael's is closer and they had some yarn on sale, so I went there instead...
and bought way more than I meant to.
One of my impulse buys was a package of coral beads to make a necklace. 
I've wanted a simple straight up coral necklace all summer, and have yet to find one that I liked, so I made one myself.
I've also dubbed coral the color of Autumn, so it will get plenty of wear until its winter time, and scarves take the place of necklaces.

I had some leftover beads and string, so I made a few extra which will be in My Etsy Shop once I get around to taking photos of them.
Until then, I leave you with a dorky picture of twenty six year old me looking very similar to a six year old me on the first day of school. 
Don't say "cheese", say "cowlick"!



No comments:

Pin It button on image hover