Friday, September 9, 2011

My Mom Is A Librarian & Thus I Love Books

My Mom Is A Librarian & Thus I Love Books
pinterest
When I saw this weeks prompt over at Gussy Sews, I knew what I had to write about...and not just because she said, "write about books", but because my mom is a librarian and since I was a little girl, she has instilled in me a love for reading.
Even if I don't do it all the time.
I remember being a little girl, and even before she began working at the library, she would bring me to the storytime readings, special programs and read me books to complete a "summer reading" checklist. 
Some books I loved as a child were:

The Pokey Little Puppy
I have my own pokey little puppy now. 
pinterest

Dog Goes to Nursery School
More dogs.
amazon
The Little Critter Series
My mom did the BEST British accent for the bully in this series.

amazon
A Child's Garden of Verses
"The Swing"
"A Good Play"
swoon.
Good Reads
The Berenstain Bears Series
Stupid Lizzy Bruin.
amazon
The Munch Bunch Series(weird, I know)
I think I liked the pictures?
library thing
Not to mention a red hardback Disney storybook and a random yellow paperback book about bird identification...that was missing a cover...but I loved the bird pictures in it.
When I got older, I became a fan of the Goosebumps Series(which I suddenly have the urge to check out from the library), the Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark series(which I would probably be scared of now...anyone remember the girl with the ribbon around her neck, the dead horse, the toe in the ground or the jingle, "never laugh as a hearse goes by"?) and anything by Francesca Lia Block.

amazon

amazon

amazon
  And now, in my adulthood, I continue to read, and also continue to re-read the same favorite books of mine.
Summer Sisters by Judy Blume
amazon
The Only Girl in the Car by Kathie Dobie
amazon

I also gave a little book review for my Summer Reading Part 1, and my Summer Reading Part 2
Also, Mom- If you're reading, you best not get rid of that Disney Storybook or that green Bambi Book.  I want them. I'll pick them up tomorrow.  Thanks!

I'm linking up with Gussy Sews Thursday Inspiration, a little bit late, but better late than never. 

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover