Saturday, June 18, 2011

"I Guess You'll Be Attracting Vampires..."

"I Guess You'll Be Attracting Vampires..."


Because you forgot the garlic.

Well, its still Saturday and I'm still feeling lazy, but I did manage to do a few things today, the most impressive two being cook something.
For lunch, I made Vietnamese Style Spring Rolls...you know...the not fried ones?  This is the second time this week I've attempted this(because I'm single and I still have all the ingredients on hand) and I must say, with each attempt they get better.  I did not take any photographs of them because with the rice paper, they kinda look like vegetables stuck in a condom...and thats not pretty. 
Moving along.


A few weeks ago, I made a pasta salad that I saw over at Thrifty Decor Chick
She loves basil, and I love basil, so I decided to give her recipe a shot. 
I have two kinds of basil on my windowsill(along with a rogue mint used for my spring rolls)

Aussie Sweet tastes more like pesto basil...
African Blue...is less intense. 
Thats my description anyway.
So, I mixed everything up in my great-grandmother's pyrex mixing bowls(she's still alive and well at 85!) and got this pretty sight.


I have a long run in the AM, so this is part of my carbo-loading.
I took a bite and thought it was missing something.
Oh, right, salt and pepper! 
Added that.
Still thought it was missing something, but said, "eh, it's still good", and went about my merry way.
It wasn't until I just revisited the recipe to give you the link that I figured out it was the garlic that I forgot...so I guess I'll be attracting vampires. 

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover