The Kentucky Derby Is Coming and Cinco De Mayo Just Passed
|Clara Bow at the Derby, 1937|
- 2:25 pm
- Tomorrow is the Kentucky Derby and I'm celebrating by going to my neighbor Julie's house to drink some whiskey and eat some foods.
- I'm in charge of the finger sandwiches.
- Ordered from a local grocery, Matherne's.
- Maybe I'll make a bet.
- I'm good enough at poker to consistently come in second.
- Mark is good enough to consistently come in first and win the $5.00 pool.
- I'll be lounging by a pool in exactly 9 days; not an exotic tropical type-pool with cabana boys and sugary-fruity-maui-wowi-type drinks, but rather a Hampton Inn in Missouri pool with a copy of Summer Sisters, Runners World magazine and some Smart Water.
- Speaking of pools, I got to pick my favorite nine-year old up from swimming again yesterday.
- I don't think anyone else has ever made me laugh that much.
- Cinco de Mayo!
- Margarita on the Rocks.
- I definitely want a child.
- 2:33 pm