Friday, May 6, 2011

The Kentucky Derby Is Coming and Cinco De Mayo Just Passed

The Kentucky Derby Is Coming and Cinco De Mayo Just Passed


Clara Bow at the Derby, 1937

  • 2:25 pm
  • Tomorrow is the Kentucky Derby and I'm celebrating by going to my neighbor Julie's house to drink some whiskey and eat some foods.
  • I'm in charge of the finger sandwiches.
  • Ordered from a local grocery, Matherne's.
  • Maybe I'll make a bet.
  • I'm good enough at poker to consistently come in second.
  • Mark is good enough to consistently come in first and win the $5.00 pool.
  • I'll be lounging by a pool in exactly 9 days; not an exotic tropical type-pool with cabana boys and sugary-fruity-maui-wowi-type drinks, but rather a Hampton Inn in Missouri pool with a copy of Summer Sisters, Runners World magazine and some Smart Water. 
  • Speaking of pools, I got to pick my favorite nine-year old up from swimming again yesterday.
  • I don't think anyone else has ever made me laugh that much.
  • Cinco de Mayo!
  • Margarita on the Rocks.
  • Milkshakes!
  • I definitely want a child.
  • 2:33 pm

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover