Monday, April 11, 2011

Some Good Things About Mondays

Some Good Things About Mondays

via

Its Monday.
Not everyone's favorite day.
Certainly not my favorite day...
Usually because I'm tired and a little bit cranky because my work week starts on Sunday.
However, today I'm not as tired and not as cranky...so lets try and embrace some good things.

Good Thing Number 1
Jobs.
Not to get all political, but I'm happy the Federal Government is still trucking along...and thats all I'm going to say.

Good Thing Number 2
Leggings.
I may have forgotten to body glide my thighs before my 9 mile run in the sweltering heat, so I may have a bit of an ugly rashy thing.  Leggings make it all better.

Good Thing Number 3
My i-Tunes.
Three songs that put me in a good mood, all in one morning.
"What are they?", you ask.  I'll tell you!
  • "This" by Darius Rucker.  I don't know if I'll ever stop associating that voice with Hootie and the Blowfish, but something about this song(ha ha.."this" song) makes me smile and remember to take life less seriously, because in the end, you'll end up where you're supposed to be. 
  • "Fans" by Kings of LeonO-M-G.  Stop the world.  I love love love love love this song.  Like, sing-at-the-top-of-my-lungs-in-the-car-even-though-i-don't-know-most-of-the-words-so-i-make-them-up love this song.
  • "Long Way" by Antje DuvekotNope.  I have no idea how to pronounce her name, and since I pronounced Qdoba "Kwid-ji-buh" until someone corrected me, I'm not even going to try.  Anyways, this is a pretty long song, but I feel like it could be 10 minutes longer and I would still like it.  I love her use of imagery; it makes me want to go to all of those places I never really wanted to...and whats not to love about that?
So, my lovelies, is there anything about this particular Monday morning that is making you smile?

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover