Monday, April 18, 2011

A Gift from Linda? Who's Linda?

A Gift from Linda?  Who's Linda?



First of all, please excuse all the blurry photos.  My real camera is on vacation on the Westbank, and my phone only takes good pictures outdoors.

Now, you should know that my dear neighbor, Holly Renea is getting married on June 4! 
That is great because its easy to remember...
like the Fourth of July...
but the Fourth of June...
so her fiance' better not forget their anniversary!

This past Saturday was her bridal shower.  My other neighbor, Julie, and I rode together all the way to Central, past a Dairy Queen, to get to it.


We didn't stop...but we did take note for later.
And for those of you who don't know...Dairy Queens are few and far between in these parts.

Little did we know that there would be a beautiful hand made and decorated cake awaiting us.  What talent!  Excellent job, Lynde!
PS - Sorry if I butchered your name.


Holly's mom also made a great spinach dip(no picture) that I was more than happy to have leftovers of for dinner.
Mrs. Sherry, Holly's mother and Aunt Pam were there causing a ruckus.



And the bridesmaids were there tending the party and pouring mimosas.


Holly had so many pretty gifts.


I never remember to buy a card, so I made an impromptu card from an index card and leftover scrapbook stickers.  Not to sound conceited, but I think its pretty cute!


Normally, I'm not a big fan of bridal showers, and I REALLY do not want to have a shower where I open a bunch of gifts in front of everyone.
I even save gifts from friends til Christmas morning because I don't like being put on the spot.
Hate it!
Holly's shower, however, was nice. 
It seemed intimate in that alot of people already knew each other, and Holly is a pretty relaxed bride. 
So, the usual things happened.
Holly opened gifts and mom took pictures.
What do you know, a coffee maker!



Yes, you have to take a picture with each gift.



And then Holly got to a gift which she didn't recognize the sender.



Linda? 
Who's Linda?
After some thought, she made a comment that "it must have been Mr. < icantrememeber >'s wife.   He just died, so she must just be Linda now."
To which everyone said, "What?  He died?  She still has a last name!"
Then Holly explained that, "No!  They used to sign things 'Mr. and Mrs. < icantrememeber > and now she signs it Mrs. < icantremember >."

Holly also recieved many family heirlooms which her Aunt and Mother had been saving for her wedding. 
Gorgeous pieces which meant a lot to her.
Those kinds of gifts are the sweetest.


Congratulations, Holly!
Your day will be here before you know it!


No comments:

Pin It button on image hover