Thursday, March 17, 2011

Irish I Was Drunk

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


Me, Heidi, Courtney, Sylvia

This year I celebrated by getting up bright and early and heading down to New Orleans.
First, we had breakfast at The Blue Plate Cafe located at 1330 Prytania, to make sure I started the day on a full tummy.
After a yummy breakfast, we parked our car on Magazine and headed to the Breaux Mart to pick up the essentials:
  • Beer
  • Ice
  • Ice Chest
  • Chips
  • Dip
The parade began at 1:00 pm, and reached us, at the end of the route around 2:00 pm.  Let me tell you, I've never had so much fun at a parade!  I had always gone to the big nighttime Mardi Gras parades with too many people...but this was a daytime neighborhood parade!  I had good company(can't say that about the Mardi Gras parades), I drank just enough to have fun, and thoroughly enjoyed myself. 

Not to mention, any parade that throws you your dinner is fine in my book.  Dinner, if you want to eat uncooked cabbage, potatos, onions or carrots.  Not to mention masses of older men in dress clothes trading kisses on the cheek for fake carnations.

Drunk Older Man : "You're cute.  You should be in my parade"
*awkward look.  Face bump(which is what most kisses are)*
Me : "Happy St. Patrick's Day!"

I think he gave me the glittery carnation.



Courtney got a garter.   I hope she uses it at her wedding. 

Other prizes included:

  • Pink Boas
  • Green Shamrock Scarfs
  • A Martini Shaker
  • Panties that say "I heart Italians".
  • Irish Spring Soap
  • Rub-on Tattoos
  • Large Sunglasses(see below)
  

We ended our night at Rock N' Sake for some sushi.  Not my 1st choice in drunk food, but it was very good!  Also, all the photographs were taken by Sylvia.  My photographs are still on my camera which I forgot in the city :(

"Your feet will bring you where your heart is." -- Irish proverb


1 comment:

Kristen said...

i love this post....i live in michigan and was actually in NOLA for a wedding this past weekend. I was there for st. patty's day. =)

Kristen

Pin It button on image hover