Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 9

Day 9 - Something You're Proud of in the Last Few Days

Well, this is easy.  I'm proud of my mad sewing skills.



Making this pillow was by no means an original idea.  Complete credit for this idea goes to the Sew English Etsy Shop.  This is their version:

Photo Credit

I originally saw this pillow somewhere in blogland, but I can't remember where, and was instantly enamored with its blatant message.  Right now, I live alone...but I know it won't always be that way...so I figured I might as well have an off color pillow in my bedroom while I still can.  As much as I would love to spend more than $50 on a pillow cover, I decided I would rather be able to eat for a week, so I decided to make my own.


I got out my handy-dandy-hand-me-down sewing machine which is missing the front piece.  Its a Brother from my Grandmother.  Not the prettiest anymore, but it does what I needed it to.  I sewed a simple envelope back pillow using white cotton.  Next, I ironed on some felt letters that I picked up at Hobby Lobby using a 40% off coupon.  After ironing, I finished sewing the pillow together and placed it lovingly on my thrift store Bentwood Chair
 

Hmmm... a little bit off center... 

But it fits my bedroom perfectly!

Speaking of pillow covers...

If you head on over to
you can enter a giveaway to win a 16 x 16 pillow cover from DIY Pillows
Here are a few of the great designs they have:
My Personal Favorite

Green Damask-y Print

Who doesn't love a blue chevron print?
Hurry!  Winner will be announced on March 7, 2011!

2 comments:

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

Oh I defintely love that sex pillow and would LOVE a sewing machine. My cousin is doing this challenge of photos and I LOVE it.

<3, New Follower
Come get a dose of laughter at A Taste of T

Brandi said...

Thanks for coming!

My sewing machine may be from the 60s or 70s, but it stitches what little I need it to. It was free, and reminds me of my grandmother who passed away.

Pin It button on image hover