Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 1

Day 1- A Recent Picture of You and 15 Interesting Facts About Yourself


Well, here I am! This is me and my best friend, Courtney Marie over Christmas(I'm the one in pink). We used to be roommates in college and since she moved to New Orleans to be with her family and pursue her teaching career, we make an effort to see each other at least once a month...and I'm happy to say that we have only missed one or two months over the past two years!

Now on to the fifteen interesting facts:
                                 via


1. So, did you hear about that new zodiac thing? I used to be a Virgo(born August 27) but with this new zodiac thing, I'm now a Leo...and I'm SO SO SO excited about it. Being a Leo fits me so much better!

2. I ran my first marathon last Sunday! I finished in 6:03:48...quite a bit slower than I should have and with a MUCH slower pace than any of my training runs. I only trained up to 20 miles, and those last 6.2 were the longest miles of my life. However, I did it & I'm so proud of myself!

3. I love real mail. I signed up at Postcrossing, I'm a penpal on Get The Words Out, and every year I participate in the Angel Card Project. A handwritten note makes my day, so I hope I can help make others.

4. I feel terribly out of place in the south sometimes.  I do not see myself staying here forever.  This October, I'm going on vacation to Boston, New Hampshire and  Maine and I'm hoping that I like it. 



5.  I have two of the best Cocker Spaniels in the world, who I lovingly refer to as "The Bears".  Genereal P.G.T. Beauregard...aka "Bubba Bear" is the one looking at the camera.  Sasha Bear is the one trying to climb all over me.  Beau is from the Cocker Spaniel Rescue of East Texas.  Sasha was my foster for Cherished Cockers that I fell in love with. Courtney Marie and her fiancee were talking to me while she was my foster and jokingly said they wanted to adopt her.  When my first thought was, "No!  I love Sasha" I knew that if I didn't want my best friend to have her, I should adopt her. 

6.  I don't know how to ride a bicycle. 

7.  I buy fresh flowers for my condo at least once a month.  They make everything more cheerful.

8.  I love estate sales and Goodwill.  Just yesterday I found a Banana Republic dress in my size AND petite for $4.99.  Love!

9.  I didn't have a laptop until last year...and the only reason I bought it was because I got tax credit money for purchasing my home....if you can't tell...I'm kind of cheap.

10.  I just thought of this one.  When I'm writing the numbers "1" -"10" on pen and paper, once I get to ten, I write the "0" before the "1".  Weird huh?  I also use scissors wrong and put my thumb where the other fingers should go and smoosh all my fingers in the thumb part.

11.  I have a bachelors of science in Geography and a minor in History.  Goooo geography!  If I didn't have my current job, I would more than likely want to start teaching...but not geography...elementary ed.

12.  I usually have messy hair, and I love it!

13.  I consider myself creative, but I don't always have the motivation to BE creative.

14.  I'm fairly competent at getting things done around my house.  I've painted almost every room since I purchased it, and have started the process of sanding my stairsteps to stain them.  Its going pretty slow though. 

15.  I try to eat mostly organically and healthy.  I don't always succeed.  I had nacho's for dinner last night.  Not only is that not healthy, its not really dinner either.  I will do better today and so forth!


1 comment:

Brandi Newman said...

Hi Tasia! Thanks for being my first follower! I really have no idea what I'm doing, but whatever it is, its making me happy! Can't wait to hear from you!

Brandi

Pin It button on image hover